You'll also enjoy Tracy's Tranquility Series which really is The Beverly Hillbillies meets The X-Files, but that's a different blog entirely.
On the podcasting front, it was my privilege to host the March edition of the Broad Pod, a monthly selection of short readings from the members of Broad Universe. Broad Universe is an international organization dedicated to promoting, celebrating and honoring women writers of science fiction, fantasy and horror. March is Women's History Month. In honor of the occasion, the selections of this month's five featured authors focus on the many aspects of Woman Power:
- Charged with treason, Gail Z. Martin’s pregnant queen Kiera must wage a war of words to save herself, her friends and her unborn child.
- In Larissa N. Niec’s selection, the goddess Rhianna’s high priestess embarks on a dangerous spirit quest to seek help for her dying land.
- Theresa Crater introduces her heroine—and us—to the legendary Morgan le Fey in the land beneath the hallowed hill.
- Then journey with Diane Whiteside to present-day Virginia, where a psychically gifted homicide detective learns just how powerful a woman working for the FBI can be.
- Finally, soar into the future with Danielle Ackley-McPhail and a squadron of hell-raising women fighter pilots led by the infamous Scarlet Jay.
And this is only the beginning of the week's entertainments. If I've been quiet on the blogosphere of late, it's only because so much will be happening this week. There will be blogs at Beyond the Veil and Samhain, as well as Julia's interview for Outer Alliance.
To say nothing of lots of green beer. Cheers!